Friday, June 9, 2017

It's Finally Friday

It's another one of those weekends coming up - there is so much going on - how do you fit it all in?  Here's what's on tap for the next few days.....

1) Summer Finally Arrives in Virginia
We've had an unseasonably cool spring and that's about to change this weekend.  Summer will arrive as the temperatures rise from the mid to high 60's to the high 80's.  Bring on the Lilly!  I can finally wear this dress!


2) Stanley Cup Playoffs

Sidney Crosby was incredible last night as the Penguins blew out Nashville.  If he plays like that in Nashville, it's a no brainer that the Penguins will win the Cup two years in a row.



3) Belmont Stakes
My favorite part of the race is when the horses come out on the track and Frank sings "New York New York" - one of the best moments in horse racing IMHO.  We won't have a Triple Crown winner this year but it's still a Grade 1 race, certainly worth watching. May the best horse win, whoever that is.  You can read the New York Times' predictions here. Still pulling for Tapwrit. He is one lovely looking horse (and I know looks don't make a race horse) but you could turn this one into a Conformation Hunter.  He has the breeding for the distance and he's shown his class in earlier races.  He's my pick to win.



4) Horse Show
Alfie and Madison will work this weekend.  Alfie shows Saturday and Madison on Sunday.  It will be the first time that I have showed them both at the same show.  Looking forward to a fun horse show weekend. Will the good Alfie show up?  Let's hope so!




5) Party Planning 
I've started to plan for my small dinner party next weekend. I've planted a few flowers, selected my menu, but have not chosen china, linens, flowers for the tables yet. There is still a lot to do.... but it's starting to come together.  Lovely ideas.....



6) What I Am Loving Right Now

I can always find a few things I am in love with at TB including this Tory Tunic.  Her bathing suits are also the best!




TGIF!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...